"Impossible... you defeated me! Even in the depths of hell, I couldn't defeat you. That's so impossible. I'm supposed to be a god. Well, at least now you have potential. I have been trapped here for too long, and have been waiting to get out. No one new to meet, no one special, nothing. I have been longing for a friend. Maybe we can become friends? Well, congratulations Jake. You see, Jake, it was all a nightmare... You defeated your true fear." ― Pure Mickey rendering himself.
Pure Mickey is a alternative, identical variation of Killed Mickey, and is one of the quinary antagonists in Five Nights at Treasure Island 3, alongside Killed Mickey and Phantom True Mickey. He is a demon in the game that has two ways of killing the player. But On Night 6 and in "Nightmare Mode", he will become the most aggressive enemy towards the player. After Awhile on Night 6, he will attempt to battle the player, rendering the player hopeless, like Phantom True Mickey.
Rarely, before the night begins, the game asks what the player's fear is, a textbox opens. Once it's typed in, the game will say "Then it is decided." This is a signal that Pure Mickey is active.
Out off all of the phantom suits/toons, Pure Mickey appears to be the least bloody, damaged and less dusty/dirty. Pure Mickey's body is a bloody and a bright tan type with a lighter scheme of red/black pants. He also has phantom-esque eyes that glow in darkness and when he's active. He also appears identified similar to Killed Mickey, with the exception of his usual eyes replaced with glossy phantom-esque, human-like eyeballs. He slightly has a bloody appearance, and a somehow dirty/dusty look. He has blood over his gloves, shoes and on his buttoned pants. He also has a leveler input of darker color scheme: 20% brighter, 50% shiny, 150% darker, making his look darker and alternate than normal. Additionally, he has widened eye-sockets and eyeballs that are alot similar to Phantom True Mickey.
He becomes active on Night 6, very rarely replacing Phantom True Mickey or alongside him. He takes a similar path, but starts in the Janitor's Closet, otherwise known as CAM 9, off-camera. Then, he appears in the room crawling at the bottom-right corner. He eventually travels through the Bathroom, then to the Meat Freezer, which he can take 2 paths: he can go to the Lounge before appearing to the Left Office exit, or straight to the right Office exit. Either way, he still arrives. If he's in the office, the player must shut off The Roof camera or hide under the desk to get him out. Cutting the power will not work on him. Failing or neglecting to fend him off properly, or Not doing so in a matter of the 5-second timer will result in Pure Mickey's jumpscare, resulting a game over.
At a random point, similar to Phantom True Mickey's Undertale-esque sequences, the boss encounter audio from Earthbound will play, and the screen fades to black. Once the screen returns, a battle scene from Earthbound will occur, the textbox saying "??? attacked!" The player will only have 50 HP and 40 PP, as well as the following PSI abilities: Ice (Beta), Magnet (Alpha), Shield (Beta), and Lifeup (Alpha). After 5 attacks, the sequence ends.
After completing Night 6, if he was active, the screen goes dark, and another Earthbound-esque battle will start. Here, you get 2 characters to control: Photo-Negative Mickey (shortened to PNM) and Jake.
Jake retains the same PSI abilities from the sequence, with the addition of PSI Thunder (Beta) and removal of Lifeup (Alpha). PNM will have 127 HP, 90 PP, and the following abilities: Brainshock (Alpha), Lifeup (Gamma), Paralysis (Omega), and Magnet (Alpha).
Prior to any attacks, Pure Mickey speaks through a dialogue box, whilst Giygas' theme plays in the background:
- "Persistent, I see."
- "But I think you might want to know how the world actually works..."
- (A blue flame then appears around him.)
- "You see a bloody universe in flames;"
- "You see this infinite, dark power?"
- "I HAVE ALREADY HAD IT WITH YOUR SH**!"
- "Prepare to have your spirit torn in two for what you've done!"
MeGaLoVania will then begin to play. It's best to keep as much PP and heal as much as possible, whilst trying to slow his attacks with the PSI abilities, albeit both characters having a very low amount of PP. As Pure Mickey has 169,666 HP and a damage range of 127-250, the battle may take longer than expected. When defeated, more dialogue will show:
- "Even in the depths of hell, I couldn't defeat you."
- "Well, congrats, Jake."
- "You defeated your true fear."
- "But know that this isn't over yet."
- "Let's just say..."
- "I HAVE MORE VICTIMS TO ERADICATE." (He then vanishes, the blue flame still there.)
- However, if the player is defeated, Pure Mickey will say this:
- "You see, Jake, it was all a nightmare..."
- "One you're NOT going to wake from!"
(The screen fills with practically infinite "HAHAHAHAHA"s, then the game will crash. Once the player re-opens it, the battle starts over instead of heading to the title screen. Pure Mickey will say the following quotes when this occurs: "Hm?|You're back?| . . . |Interesting.| You're quite a prized specimen, aren't you.")
Pure Mickey starts in CAM 9, then eventually travels to CAM 5, then heads to CAM 2, before which either going to CAM 6 or straight to The Office, which he can take 2 routes to it: He comes from the right Office exit right as he came from CAM 2, or either the left Office exit coming from CAM 6. Either way, he still arrives. Also, he only takes his route to a few CAMs, CAMs not being onto his path, or an exception of CAMs on his path being: CAM 1, CAM 3, CAM 4, CAM 7, CAM 8, CAM 9, CAM 10, CAM 11, CAM 12, CAM 13, CAM 14.
- He seems to have a connection with Phantom True Mickey and Killed Mickey, however this is not confirmed.
- If inverted, he actually reveals Phantom True Mickey. It is unknown if Pure Mickey and Phantom True Mickey are the same being, however, it is possible.
- His original name was: Phantom Pure Mickey, however, it was going to be: Phantomized MickMick/Mickey, then it was just Pure Mickey.
- Pure Mickey is made by User:Un Invert Mickey, which can be seen here.
- When he's active, Pure Mickey's eyeballs seem to glow. It is unknown what the cause of this is, maybe they are glossy and phantom-esqued.
- It is possible that Pure Mickey might be a demon, like Phantom True Mickey, but it is also likely that he is a mouse suit/toon.
- Unlike most of the phantom suits/toons, he speak in a loud-echoed voice and make any sound when he's active, in order for him to move, so the player must rely on the cameras and keep an eye on the office if Pure Mickey arrives.
- The Earthbound-esque battle, along with the blue flame around Pure Mickey and some of the dialogue (including the slight vocal outburst) is a reference and a nod to the Dr. Andonuts battle in Toby "Radiation" Fox's Earthbound Halloween Hack.
- Pure Mickey is really identical to Killed Mickey in Five Nights at Treasure Island 3.
- The "Treasure Incident" is the reason why he is bloody and with less-sanity.
- The difficulty of the battle seems to support this.
- Losing the battle is both a reference to the Halloween Hack and Undertale, as both show an infinite line of "hahahaha," however, the game crashing is another nod to the Photoshop Flowey battle from Undertale.
- The Megalovania that plays during the battle is the Homestuck version (styled as MeGaLoVania), instead of the Megalovania from the Halloween Hack (formerly "Dr. Andonut's Rage). It is unexplained why this is.
- Photo-Negative Mickey's maximum HP is a reference to the maximum damage that is inflicted in the indie game Cave Story.
- Adding into such, Pure Mickey's attack damage range has 127 as the lowest damage inflicted.
- It's unknown why Jake and PNMickey can use PSI abilities, but the only explanation for how is: "time shenanigans."
While Pure Mickey's moves around Treasure Island, he will occasionally talk, saying one of these phrases/quotes, in order for him to move and especially enter The Office from CAM 2 or CAM 6, such as the following lines :
- "What is your fear?"
- "Where am I either way?"
- "Why did you leave us to rot?"
- "It was all your fault, you should have to die."
- "Even in the depths of hell, this place is one of them."
- "You shouldn't have came here, and you shouldn't have made the incident."
- "Hi there!"
- "Want to play with me?"
- "After all... Real suffering is not known."
- "TIME TO DIE!!!"
- "*mischievous laughter*"